Thursday, September 19, 2013

On Top Of The World on a Blue Sky Day

There are times in life when it feels as if I am on a roller coaster  ride holding on with all my might through the ups and downs of come what may. I remember actual roller coasters and how my children finally convinced me to get on. I'd go sometimes to humor them but I never really enjoyed the large wooden roller coasters were I felt more beat up than anything else I'd get off and head for the drinks and slowly sip on a Gatorade hoping it would ease my head ache and nausea. I don't do roller coasters anymore but everyday living holds it's own twists, turns and surprises.. I've managed to hold on through the worst of them but without going into detail all I can say is that I am in a place of healing.

Saturday was marvelous! It was a perfect 74 degrees and my husband and I took an afternoon drive.
I thank God he has been there through the years and when I feel unsteady he holds me . I think of the song  "You Raise Me Up."






Saturday we drove to a beautiful overlook over the river. It was a blue sky day.
We also hiked on trails and enjoyed the sandstone cliffs and the awe of these formations which made me feel very small.
I never fail to be in wonder of nature. The best place to be when life's stresses and messes tend to bog me down is outside where I can look up at the sky with the sometimes billowy white clouds and look around at the beauty that surrounds me in creation and take time to notice the simple yet intricate  things like a butterfly and feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful world.





No comments:

Post a Comment