Monday, January 13, 2014

Choosing Joy

Good morning to you. It's a bright new day. I am determined to begin with a thankful heart knowing that my cup is full and running over, no not my coffee cup but the cup of  the blessings in my life.

There are challenges and there have been disappointments. I haven't always handled things well but there is a lot of wisdom to be gleaned from past experiences.  I had a Pastor once who would tell the congregation, "Don't waste a good mistake!" OK so mistakes aren't really good but they can be teaching tools as can the experiences that others share with us. Even the mighty men and women in the Bible had some bad pit falls but they rose back up embracing God's grace and strength and made a positive difference in the world surrounding them.

I've made some unwise choices through stress and disappointments regarding my own health. I have a long line of diabetic genes yet I've allowed myself to gain weight. aw but the Holiday's are extra hard. I'm starting on a brand new weight loss journey. My goal is 20 pounds by May 14. Then we shall see from there but I think that's a good number.

I'll probably save some tips and inspiration I find along the journey. Weight is just one thing though. The measure of a woman or man is from within although not being healthy as I should or fitting into my favorite things makes me feel down. I am excited really. I think whatever we aim to accomplish must be done with excitement and vision to make the mark. There are other things I am determined not to get me down.

Hebrews 12:1,2  "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.…

This doesn't speak only of a physical weight but more so a spiritual heaviness, the discouragements, the failures, the guilt of the past, the unkind words or deeds of others and forgiveness. Forgiveness is freeing.
I choose today to be the best me that I can . Anything that comes between God and His best for me. He has placed so much potential in each of His children. It's a beautiful thing so share a smile and a kind word. Got a worthy goal? Keep your eyes on the prize and go forth with JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment